We are aware that our works can impact the environments in which we work.
Net zero is high on the UK’s agenda, we are working towards reducing our carbon footprint and offsetting.
Woodmace aim to minimise the effect on the environment from our products and services by:
- Reducing waste – surplus materials
- Procuring locally sourced materials
- Using of modern Plant/machinery
- Reducing emissions – by regular servicing and latest technologies
- Limiting non-essential travel / virtual meetings
The construction phase of civil engineering and construction projects may result in noise, air and water pollution, and landscape impacts. To reduce these we investigate alternative options and each project’s environmental issues, and needs are identified as part of our Environmental section of the SHEQ plan.